It’s back to school this week in Queensland and after an extended holiday (10 weeks thanks to covid) I wasn’t as emotional to drop them at school for their first day!
To help with the lunchbox inspiration or for anyone wanting to have a healthy and delicious snack on hand (because no one likes a hangry person) I’m sharing my recipe for our chocolate bliss balls which everyone in our family loves……
- 24 pitted medjool dates
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Soak dates in water for an hour to soften, then drain.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or Thermomix and blitz for 30 seconds until combined.
- Roll mixture into balls and then roll in coconut to coat.
- Serve on your favourite plant based dinnerware or store in the fridge until all eaten
Makes 30-40 balls depending on size.